The Kyocera DuraPlus DirectConnect Phone is the ideal phone for tough environments.
I think we all love carrying around and showing off our smartphones and don’t hesitate when taking it out at work pretending to check our schedule. If you work in an office or in a non-hostile environment then your smartphone will be safe but what if your work area in something like a construction site? In that case it is best to get yourself a secondary phone just for work, unless you want your smartphone full of dirt when you get home.
SPRINT DIRECT CONNECT FEATURES
- Sprint Direct Connect – Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk calling nationwide on the Sprint network, with any other Direct Connect subscriber. Direct Connect is the core push-to-talk feature and is designed for interoperability across Sprint and Nextel network platforms.
- Guaranteed Talk Permit – The assurance that when you hear the push-to-talk “chirp” that your call was successfully transmitted.
- Call Alert with Text – Send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
- Group Connect® – Communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide, at the push of one button.
- TeamDCSM – Communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide2.
- NextMail® – Send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
- Availability Notification – Request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, if they are busy, request a notification when they are free.
- Military Standard 810G Spec compliance for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, blowing rain and water immersion (up to 30 minutes in up to one meter/3.28 ft. of water).
- Encased in rubber, non-slip Dura-Grip® material for sure hold and extra durability.
- Additional connectors for a remote speaker microphone and charging bay (optional accessories not included).
- Robust, front-ported speakerphone for excellent sound quality in noisy environments.
- Embedded LED Flashlight with dedicated button.
- Non-camera phone for jobs where cameras are prohibited.
- Ultra-efficient display produces superior brightness and contrast using less power, making it ideal in outdoor settings.
- Flat, stable bottom for freestanding operation.
- Limit Use – a great tool for business managers that restricts users from utilizing certain functions on the phone
- Sprint Mobile Sync – add and edit all your contacts and groups, including TeamDC groups, online. Also allows you to transfer contacts to a new phone and erase contact information from a lost phone.
- Bluetooth® connectivity 2.0 + EDR (includes support for Bluetooth capable PTT headsets and barcode scanners).
- SMS and MMS messaging.
- Browser-based email for access to POP3 and IMAP accounts.
- 2.5 mm headphone jack (supports PTT headsets).
- Multiple language support – English, Spanish.
- Hearing aid compatibility (HAC): Rating M4/T4 TTY capable.
- Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.2 x .93 inches, weight: 6.67 oz
- Display: 2.0-inch QVGA TFT (240 x 320 pixels)
- Removable 1650 mAh battery for up to xx hours continuous talk-time
Its going to be hard at first leaving your smartphone behind but it is for its own good and you can take with you something like the Kyocera DuraPlus DirectConnect Phone that is going to be available with Sprint soon. This is one tough phone since it is resistant to dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, blowing rain and water immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water.
The Rugged phone for hostile environments also features a remote speaker microphone jack allowing the use of heavy duty remote speaker microphones, an embedded LED Flashlight with a dedicated button, and an external charging port that enables the device to be used with a single or multi-bay charging station. If you lied what you saw then the phone is going to be available in the first half of this year.