Possible official specs for the Apple iTablet iSlate revealed. Suspected prices for the iTablet were given and will either be confirmed or denied at todays Apple event in S.F.
The day has finally come. Today is the day where we are going to finally see what the iTablet looks like and what features it is going to have. Will it be like we imagine? Will all the rumors be true? The countdown begins to finally reveal what we have all wanted to know. Terry McGraw was interviewed yesterday and revealed that the iTablet is going to be running on the iPhone’s OS. There has also been a lot of speculation as to what the actual features are but now we know for sure that the iTablet is going to be reading ebooks and textbooks. The following video last about 3 minutes and 37 seconds the first few minutes is pure blah blah blah, Mcgraw doesn’t start talking about the iTablet until the 2 minute 50 second mark, just in case you want to forward.
One person that is singing louder than Mcgraw and a Canary is Jason Calacanis, co-founder of Weblogs Inc. who has been spilling the juice at his Twitter account since he had a confidentiality agreement with Apple but that has expired now, sing it!. Lets just hope that after Calacanis’ agreement expired things didn’t change that much . He says that it is the most amazing device he has ever seem and we are going to see if that is true or not at 10AM PST. The specs that Jason said the iTablet was going to have are the following:
Specifications for the Apple iTablet
- OLED Display
- 2 cameras, one in the front and one on the back
- a HDTV and PVR Tuner
- Solar panel on the back of the iTablet
- Thumbpads on each side
- Fingerprint Identification but with a maximum of 5 people
- Has 3G,WiFi which can be used to connect with other tablets and plat games on-line.
- Be able to be connected to an external display
- New series applications, chess games?
- Mark Pincus de Zynga states that the games the iTbalet features are Wii level games
- Lng battery life but lowered if you use the WiFi, can be lowered down to 2-3 hours.
- The most basic model will cost UD$599.00 but there will be two more models that will features better specs and will sell for UD$699.00 and UD$799.00.
- Will have a touchscreen that is between 3 and 11 inches wide
Jason Calacanis has said that all the hype that has been created over the iTablet has by no means been over exaggerated and says it is the best device ever created. Thanks but I think I will wait for Steve Jobs and then I will start believing. Don’t you have the feeling that even though it is going to have features that will amaze us, that it is going to be missing something essential. As if they don’t have enough workers to catch those mistakes?
Until the official presentation everything that is said can only be categorized as rumors and then we will see which of those were true all along and which will be forgotten. I think that by the end of the day I will have lost 5 pound since I can’t stop jiggling my foot, I’m so nervous.